Will 2009 be the rise of the digital age in Australia?
According to the survey conducted by the AIMIA (Australian Interactive Media Industry Association) it will be!
Below is a summary of key findings from their survey.
- 54% of respondents expect to increase the portion of their total advertising spend that is allocated to digital
- Despite economic conditions, investment in digital marketing will increase, with the expectation that customer revenue and customer engagement will follow.
- Organisations continue to under-invest in digital marketing (ie. The rate of investment, and the rate of growth in investment in digital is not consistent with the expected commercial impact).
- Organisations expect to increase their digital marketing staff and outsourced digital service suppliers
- Change in the use of digital as a marketing medium within corporations and government agencies, showing that a shift away from traditional advertising and media will place digital as a core platform for customer engagement.
Source – AIMIA Digital Survey Index