I know, who would have thought! Print and mobile living in harmony… they can’t go together, can they?
For years, print has been at the front line of the traditional VS online marketing war – so who is behind the joining of these two great forces you ask?
AXA Insurance. They have had a fair dig at bringing the two super powers together and in my opinion have done a pretty good job!
What Boxes Did AXA Insurance Tick To Make This Work?
- Curiosity – Tick! Any cool kid with an iPhone that came across that print ad would take part to see what happens. Why? Look at the scenario that they have used; cars smashed together on top of each other, massive crack in the street of a city, people looking on in amazement. Stir it all together and you have cooked up a nice big plate of curiosity.
- Entertaining – Tick! Who doesn’t love a giant Gorilla destroying stuff? It worked out pretty well for the King Kong movie bank account.
- Asks for a response – Tick! At the end of the video you are prompted to download the iPhone Axa Insurance App.
- Helpful App – Tick! The App helps you with information, procedures etc if you are unlucky enough to be in an accident, or have your car used in a game of Jenga [?] by some giant Gorillas.
- Free App – Everyone loves a free App that is helpful!
- Interactive – After you download the App to your iPhone, you have opened the door for AXA Insurance to interact and build a relationship with you. The really cool part is, they are able to do this without you even being a customer… yet. Let’s be honest, the goal is to get you to use AXA Insurance at some stage. You might not switch after seeing the ad straight away, but the more you interact with the brand, the higher the probability you will get a quote from them the next time you need insurance. I feel like getting a quote just from writing this post!
Take a look at a post I wrote a while ago - 5 iPhone App Marketing Tips For Your Brand & Business, a lot of the boxes that AXA ticked could have been straight from our list.